Affirmations are positive statements you can say to yourself as often as you need to help you get rid of having self-sabotaging thoughts. The more you say these positive affirmations it can help train your brain to think more positively about yourself and your life. Before you go to bed at night you can take a moment to reflect about your day and once you have put your little ones down for rest you can say these positive statements to yourself to uplift you for a new way day.
- I did my best today and I can let go of all thoughts from today
- I can give myself permission to now do nothing but get some rest
- Tomorrow is full of new possibilities
- All the moments I had with my kids were precious and I am grateful for all of them
- When I allow myself to get rest, I am a better me for my family
- I look forward to relaxing my body and quieting my mind
- I have so much to be thankful for
- I am worthy of love and my kids love me
- I breathe in a calm state of mind, and I exhale any stress and any worries
- When I lay down for rest I am now in my happy place
- I have strong faith in myself as a mom
- Any mistakes I may have made today do not define me, I am learning and growing everyday
- I deserve to care for myself and do things that make me happy
- It is okay that I don’t know everything, I will make a way
- I make my children feel loved and happy
- I am constantly improving myself as a person and a mother
- I will not focus on things that I have no control over
- I am grateful for my body, and it deserves to recharge with a good night’s rest
- Whatever does not serve me will not come with me into tomorrow
- My journey with motherhood is unfolding just as it should
- Choosing rest is choosing myself
- I am exactly who my kids need me to be
- I can feel calm and at ease now that the day is done
- I have the power over all my thoughts and emotions
- Peace is a priority for me
- My bedroom is my sanctuary
- My heart is relaxed and grateful
- I can focus on my breathing and breathe in only positive energy
- I am safe, I am loved, I am strong
- I will relax every part of my body and allow myself to sleep because sleep is a priority for me
When you get the chance to lay down take in a few deep breathes with long exhales, relax your muscles and all your body, and try to let in relaxation as much as possible. Empty your racing mind with any thoughts about the day you had, or the day coming and just focus on the present moment. Embrace the relaxation that is coming to you and start to say some of these affirmations out loud. When you start to say them believe each word.
Affirmations only work if you believe them and believe that you are worthy of each statement you are saying. You can say as many of these as you need as often as you need every night, and you should start to feel a difference in the way that you see your days. Its going to give you a better sense of gratitude and a positive mindset for the start of your next day.
Being a mom can sometimes feel like a lot of work and can get overwhelming with all the tasks you have to do and all the needs you must fulfill and that is why it is important to find a time of day to just be still. Find a moment to stop running around too much or letting your mind wander to much and just appreciate peace and quiet. Find time in your day to just focus on you and bring attention to your thoughts. If your thoughts are negative use this time to re direct your energy and change those negative thoughts around. You don’t only have to use affirmations when you first wake up or when you go to sleep you can use any affirmations that work best for you any time of day when you have a moment to yourself.
Enjoy this new process of working on controlling your thoughts and know that it is okay to rest and get your sleep so you will be all you need to be for you and your little ones. Sleep well mama!