Being a mom is one of the hardest jobs on the planet some days. Sometimes your just tired and you want to just curl up on the couch and watch an uninterrupted movie or you just want to take a long nap or long shower, but you can’t because your baby is screaming from a tooth coming in or your toddler is jumping all over you because they want your undivided attention. Some days it’s simply just overwhelming and you may feel yourself wanting to cry.
When you’re a mom everyday isn’t picture perfect, everyday isn’t crafts day or a trip to the zoo. Some days are just filled with mess after mess to clean, tantrum after tantrum to tend to and chores after chores. On those rough days when your exhausted its good to take a moment for yourself and say some affirmations, give yourself a pep talk and remind yourself that you’re doing an amazing job simply because you’re trying. Affirmations are one of the most powerful tools because they don’t take a lot of time and effort it just takes saying it enough so that you truly begin to believe the positive things you’re saying. I wanted to share a few affirmations to help you when you’re overwhelmed. I also want you to know that feeling overwhelmed is totally normal and you’re not alone at all.
- I don’t have to be a perfect mom, there is no such thing.
- I am doing the best I can, and my kids think I am more than enough.
- I was chosen to be my kids’ mom for a reason, and I have all I need within to meet their needs.
- I have a supportive group of people in my life that I can ask for help if I need it.
- Every part of mom life is not easy, and it doesn’t have to be.
- It’s okay to feel any of the feelings I feel today whether they are good or bad.
- I am grateful to be a mommy.
- I am strong and I am patient with myself and with my children.
- I will focus on the parts of today that bring me joy no matter how big or small.
- I will do something for myself today and not just for my family.
- I deserve a break, and to have a nice rest to be a better me tomorrow.
- I am providing a home for my children that is a safe space filled with happiness, love and understanding.
- I will not compare myself to other moms I see on social media or to other moms I know.
- I will not set expectations for the day to high.
- Taking care of myself is the first step to being able to take care of my children.
- One bad day does not define who I am as a mother or make me a bad mom.
- Even during the most chaotic moments in my home there is so much love here.
- I am choosing to be happy and spread happiness to my children.
- It is okay for my kids to see that I have other emotions besides happiness sometimes.
- My children know how much I love them.
- I am a mommy but that is not all I am.
- I will be present with my children and appreciate the time we share.
- I am doing an amazing job taking care of my kids.
- I don’t have to have all the answers just because I’m a mom.
- I am growing and evolving as a mom every day.
- I will only speak positively about myself.
- I am setting an amazing example for my children.
- My children are blessed to have such a loving and devoted mother.
- I am the only one who can give my children a happy mom.
- Any challenges I face are making me a stronger and wiser mother.
- I have a very positive impact on my children’s life.
- Feeling overwhelmed sometimes shows that I am only human and that I don’t have to do it all, all the time.
- My children will appreciate the effort I put into raising them.
- I am not the only mom who needs or wishes for help sometimes.
- Acknowledging my overwhelm is the first step towards change and seeking help.
If you are unsure of what it means to feel overwhelmed it’s when you just feel defeated completely, like you are drowning in whatever life, or the day has brought you. It is not a fun feeling and a lot of moms honestly feel overwhelmed and defeated a lot if they are not nurturing themselves, if they are taking on too much in one day or week, not getting the help they need or the rest they need to be the best versions of themselves for their children. You could feel completely fine and then out of nowhere the burn out just consumes you. In that moment that is when it is helpful to find a safe and private space and say your affirmations. You can say them with your eyes full of tears or with a big smile, it does not matter. You can say them in your bathroom, in the shower, lying in bed, your car, your closet, anywhere.
Affirmations help to change any negative thinking patterns we may be having, and they can really help us see our situations from a different perspective. Choosing affirmations that resonate with you and your situation gives you this new belief system that you can basically just pull out of your pocket whenever you want as a simple reminder that you are worthy of positive thinking and a positive life. They are a simple way to keep us encouraged and to help us get over self- sabotaging. It’s very easy to get caught up in what we think we should be like as a mom or what we think we are lacking especially when we are overwhelmed with all our mommy duties.
Let this post today remind you that you are doing an amazing job as a mommy and feel free to use as many of these affirmations as you need, as often as you need to help pull yourself out of the overwhelm you are feeling. You are not alone in your feelings, and you deserve your me time to say your affirmations.